Sunday, March 7, 2010

WEEK 8 ASSIGNMENTS

ANDY PAUSCH'S LAST LECTURE

This was amazing!! What else is there to say? This last lecture touched on alot of important things that everyone should know! One of my favorite topics he Dr. Pausch talked about was the headfake! I am preparing not only to be a teacher now, but to also be a coach. One of the things that has always been apart of my goals while I am coaching was to not only instill great athletics lessons, but to mainly instill great life lessons. I know that it works too, because the headfake method worked on me! Dr. Pausch had some pretty cool chilhood dreams, and the fact that he accomplished all of them but one is incredible. I hope to make all of my goals come true too, but i think my playing for an Olympic gold medal is out of the question these days. I really liked the part where Andy compared teaching to being a salesman of education. I never thought to look at teaching this way! In a way it is totally true because, we will try day in and day out for these kids to buy into our lessons and methods that it will help them in the future! So now I am going to add to my list that I will be a great saleswoman of education!

COMMENTS FOR KIDS WEEK 8

This past week I read a poem by Michala. She did a poem about friends friends where it said that you should always be able to depend on your friends! Such amazing insight in a middle school-er!! wow!

2 comments:

  1. You are twenty years old. No need to give up on your Olympic dream yet. I like that your plan is to teach life lessons through athletics. Great head fake. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete