Sunday, February 7, 2010

WEEK 4 ASSIGNMENTS

THE EDUCATIONAL PODCASTING NETWORK

One of the biggest attributes to this podcast is that it isn't just one person posting podcasts on here, there are many peopple contributing. Not only is it good because it gives you more than one opinion on a subject, it can also give you a new or different way to showcase a subject to your students. They also have a list to the side of the screen that gives you differnt subjects to choose from, that way you can listen to those podcasts specific to your subject. Being a science teacher in the making I chose to go to the science section.

In this list I found a few casts that i particuarly enjoyed. "This Week in Science" happens to be a radio show that shows an interesting view on that week's hot spots in Science. Another one that I enjoyed was "Geek Counterpoint". This cast showed news in a humorous manner that basically translated "geek talk" into everyday english for those not learned in geek. I think these podcasts can help me alot in the future with getting my classes more iterested in my subject; and could be a different view, and hopefully, more interesting wayto keep them informed about the science world.

3 comments:

  1. That's interesting that you are choosing to teach science, i never meet people who are! You seem to have done good research on podcasts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you, I want my classroom to be a interesting one that my students enjoy coming to. I really like you blog this week. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meghan, I agree with you. I feel the same way about using some of these concepts for gaining the interest of the students.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete