Thursday, February 4, 2010

WEEK 3 ASSIGNMENTS

My i tunes happen to be messing up a lot right now so I have not been able to do my comments on the podcast. Hopefully, I will have everything fixed by tonight! Sorry for taking so long to get this up!!

MEDIA LITERACY IN FIRST GRADE

WOW!!
I think that it is pretty amazing that these first graders are doing some of the same things that I am doing right now in college! They are a very lucky class because the most I was doing on a computer in the first grade was playing solitare or painting something in the Paint program. I can't wait to have these kids in my class because normally kids who are interested in computers tend to be drawn to science too!! They are also really lucky because each of these kids have their own laptops to use in class. When I was in the first grade we only had one computer to share between 30 kids. So if every school could get to this level of technology per classroom that would be great. The video of the one year old using the i phone is very interesting. I have seen kids use the i phone at an early age but never this early. It will be interesting to see how much these kids will be able to achieve when they get older.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your point and comparison of the 30 kids for one computer which is typical versus the laptop for each student as was shown in the clip. After just four weeks of EDM310 I am sold on the idea of each student having their own portable. When looking at what first graders are accomplishing via computer, I can only support that this is a tool and not a toy for all ages. I will be teaching middle or high school and feel that, again, after only four weeks that there are endless opportunities for them to need the technology integrated into their curriculum as a tool to keep up with the rate of information that they will be given to master.

    ReplyDelete