Friday, February 19, 2010

WEEK 6 ASSIGNMENTS

DR. ALICE CHRISTIE'S WEBSITE

One of the helpful items that I saw on Dr. Christie's website are the workshops that she offers in Arizona and the one that she gives in Montgomery once a year. It is one thing to hear or read about tecgnology and integrating it into your classromms. Its an entirely fifferent story if someone is actually giving examples and showing you how to do it yourself in person. These workshops would be a pretty cool thing to go to when I start teaching.

Another thing I have found interesting is the GPS and Geocaching podcast. Being a science teacher in training I think it would be pretty cool to do a geocache hunt with one of my classes. That way they would be able not only to be able to use technology in the form of a gps reciever, but they would also be learning outside the the classrom in a hands on environment.

iTunesU

The iTunesU system could actually be helpful in everyone's classroom. One cool thing that I found was a digital Preservation of the Library of Congress!! Wow, did not know that was even out there! Instead of having kids using unhelpful sites like wikipedia for research, you can have them go into their itunes (which pretty much all of them have) and be able to download college level lectures or speeches on the subject they are researching.
As a student myself, it could give me different views on the subjects I am taking from a professor on the other side of the country! there are literally tons of useful information on the itunesU store! I am definently glad that I know about this now.

1 comment:

  1. I like the point you make about the children using credible resources. It's bad enough we have so many outside factors influencing our youth, so being able to have this good and useful tool is amazing. I definitely agree with you on that!

    ReplyDelete